I’ve been on the mend this past week. I’m not allowed to eat solids for a while, and need to up my protein intake. I’ve gotten a bit ravenous for sweets, as a result. To tide me over for a bit, I made some chocolate tofu pudding from a recipe I found this past year. It is super easy to make and actually tastes really good. If you are going to eat it immediately, I suggest using firm tofu and skipping the chilling part (it’s very good warm).
Time: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes’ chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pound silken tofu
- 8 ounces high-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- (Chocolate shavings)
- In a small pot, combine sugar with 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Put all ingredients except for chocolate shavings in a blender and purée until completely smooth, stopping machine to scrape down its sides if necessary.
- Divide among 4 to 6 ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes. (Garnish with chocolate shavings before serving).