Several weeks ago, Zoetica posted this recipe that has helped me immensely with my potluck rounds. These cookies are simple, quick to make, yummy, sugar-free and I daresay almost healthy*. I’ve tried different combinations and different tools, but the best batch I have made, by far, was made thusly. The cookies came out in lovely, well-behaved, cake-like mounds, largely in thanks due to my super amazing silicone baking liners (which I have finally begun to use again after my relocation earlier in the year).
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almonds
- Put almonds in a food processor and pulse a 2-5 times
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix
- Heat oven to 375 Fahrenheit
- Use a tablespoon to plop dollops of dough about 2 inches apart on 2 silicone-baking-lined cookie sheets
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool
* To be fair, I tend to think anything with few ingredients and lots of almonds are “healthy.” Who knows if that’s actually true.