I have not tried this recipe yet, but I am super excited to! Dark chocolate is good for you, apparently…and easy to make!
Healthy Homemade ChocolatePrep time: 5 minsCook time: 5 minsTotal time: 10 minsA simple and delicious homemade chocolate that is GAPS, paleo and primal approved (and definitely kid approved!)Author: Wellness MamaRecipe type: DessertServes: 6+Ingredients
- 1 cup of Cocoa Butter
- 1 cup of Organic Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Raw Honey (I use Tropical Traditions Brand) or to taste- using half this amount or less will make a bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of Real Vanilla Extract or other flavors to taste
- Optional: Toasted chopped almonds, orange or mint extract, etc)Instructions
- Melt cocoa butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small pan with an inch of water (make sure water isn’t touching bowl) over medium heat.
- When cocoa butter is completely melted, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and other flavor extracts. If using a solid raw honey like Tropical Traditions, melt with the cocoa butter.
- Make sure all ingredients are well incorporated and smooth. At this point, make sure that no water or liquid gets in to the chocolate as it can cause the texture to get mealy! Be careful even with wet hands or a drop of water in the mold! [Note: I’ve also just melted all of this on very low heat in a small pan and not had a problem with it, but this isn’t as reliable as the double boiler method]
- Pour the chocolate in to molds or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a glass pan to harden.
- Let harden for several hours at room temperature until hardened and remove from molds. You can also stick in the fridge to harden more quickly. Will store for over a week at room temperature or can be kept refrigerated for longer.
- Enjoy!NotesYou can also use coconut oil in place of the cocoa butter which will produce a very healthy chocolate, but it will not be as thick or creamy (but still very good!) If you use coconut oil, I recommend hardening in the fridge and storing in the fridge. This is one easy way to add coconut oil and magnesium to your daily diet!